What to Know Before Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
What to know before intracytoplasmic sperm injection is very important for couples. ICSI is a comprehensive treatment for male infertility. In short, ICSI is a reproductive technology used in IVF treatments in which sperm cells are injected directly into the egg cell. There is some information you should know before starting this treatment. In this article, we will discuss what to know before intracytoplasmic sperm injection.
What Are the Tests for ICSI?
Before starting ICSI treatment, couples undergo several tests. These tests help to assess the suitability of the treatment and aim to increase the chances of success. Tests required for ICSI are:
· Hormone Tests
Hormone levels are important for both men and women undergoing ICSI treatment. For women, the hormones needed include FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone), and the like. For men, testosterone and FSH levels are checked.
It is a semen analysis performed to measure the quality of men's sperm. This analysis evaluates sperm concentration, motility, and shape.
· Test for Patency of the Tubes
Treatment involves several methods to check the patency of the tubes for success. The methods used for women during this test are hysterosalpingography (HSG) or laparoscopy.
· Ovarian Reserve Assessment
This is a test to assess the condition of the ovaries. It measures a woman's ovarian reserve using transvaginal ultrasound. Values such as the number of antral follicles and ovarian volume are revealed.
· Uterine Evaluation
This is a check to detect intrauterine abnormalities. Using hysteroscopy or ultrasound, this test allows the embryo to implant.
How to Prepare Before ICSI?
What to know before intracytoplasmic sperm injectionis also important in the preparation process. Couples should make certain preparations during this process. Preparation before the sperm injection procedure includes:
· In preparation for ICSI treatment, you should eat a healthy diet. In particular, you should eat fresh fruit and vegetables.
· You can include natural proteins such as fish, whole grains such as quinoa, and low-fat dairy products in your diet.
· You can start taking prenatal vitamins. These vitamins will be prescribed by your obstetrician.
· Weight is one of the factors that affect conception and healthy pregnancy. You can reach a healthy weight or take care to control your weight.
· It is very important to avoid harmful habits such as alcohol, smoking, and tobacco. We also recommend limiting your caffeine intake.
· Since high-stress levels hurt fertility treatments, you should manage your stress. You can do exercises such as yoga, proper breathing, and keep a birth diary.
How Do I Know If I Am a Suitable Candidate for Sperm Injection?
To find out whether you are a suitable candidate for sperm injection (ICSI), you should first consult a specialist. This is because suitability for this treatment can vary from person to person. In general, a suitable candidate for ICSI includes:
· Men with low sperm count, motility, and abnormal sperm morphology
· Couples experiencing standard IVF failure
· Unexplained infertility
· Infertility due to male factor
· Couples who have been struggling to have a baby for at least 1 year
What Questions Should I Ask My Doctor Before ICSI?
- What are your and your clinic's ICSI treatment success rates?
- Am I a suitable candidate for ICSI?
- Are there alternative methods other than ICSI?
- How does the ICSI process work? What tests does it involve?
- Are there any risks or side effects I may experience during the treatment?
- What should I and my partner pay attention to during the ICSI process?
- What vitamins and mineral supplements do you recommend during this treatment?
There are some questions you can ask your doctor about ICSI treatment. These questions are important in what to know before Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection. In general, appropriate questions for couples to ask before ICSI are
What to know before intracytoplasmic sperm injectioncan generally be explained under these headings. This information is important as it is a comprehensive fertility treatment that requires careful attention. You can contact Gynolifecenter for specific information about this process. At this clinic, reproductive specialists will carry out the necessary tests to determine your suitability for ICSI treatment. You can choose this clinic to increase your success in having a baby.